Thursday, March 29, 2007

GLuma - a zuma clone done in opengl and c. New version 0.99

New version of the game- v0.99


You can download it here

You can also download it using bittorrent: here


What's new in this version?

  • Major change in timing: Game should run now at a constant speed so now:
    no slow downs when frame rate is low, game does not become harder when frame rate is high and now because of that i removed the limitation of max 34 fps... I wonder how many fps you will get now.. On my computer i get now about 40-50 fps
  • You can press 'z' to stop the music and sound effects from playing.
Tell me what you think


You can also contact me via email:

gluma2007-dk@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this new version is much faster.
i get about 600 fps (p4 3ghz+7900GS)

but now it's much easier, because the bubble that you shot is nearly instant out, not "flying" to the bubbles.

in 0.98 my score was about 41912 (hard), but now in 0.99 i got 61394 (also hard) in my first try.

I think the "flying" bubble should be slowed down back to the 0.98 speed or a bit faster

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Volatile said...

Can I disable the sound altogether, and before starting the game? I don't seem to be able to get the sound working, and it makes the game refuse to start at all...
"LOADING....
FMOD error! (62) A resource that the plugin requires cannot be found. (ie the DLS file for MIDI playback)
" is what I get...

Anonymous said...

Just tried version 0.99. It's a nice start but not quite there yet.

1) The colour of the balls to shoot should only be for the ones remaining on the track. ie) If no more red balls then I shouldn't have to shoot a red one.
2) The shooting speed is too slow. Make the ball shoot out faster.
3) The game round shouldn't just end with the last ball stuck onto the ones on the track. Complete the sequence of animation all the way to them exploding -- more satisfaction.
4) More tracks! Okay, I'll be happy if the above three are done.
5) There seem to be some missing motion physics that are missing in your clone. There is the feel of balls being pushed along the track and when a ball is shot into it, the balls are split and there is a pause before the invisible pusher compensates for the weight new ball.